Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Fluvanna Patriots Are Coming Together

You have probably heard of the "Tea Party Movement" or the "912 Project", but I'm not sure what you might know about them. Well, there was a groundswell of average Joes and Janes all across America this past year that started getting fed up with the reckless spending going on in Washington DC. Whether it was the banker bailouts, the pork-filled stimulus package, the automobile bailout, the cap 'n trade bill, or this most recent health care takeover bill, many Americans started standing up, shouting, "Stop it! That's Enough!"

Both Charlottesville and Richmond coordinated efforts in their respective regions to hold "Tea Party" protests/demonstrations, freedom rallies, etc. Up until now, if we wanted to get involved, we had to join forces with them. In fact, I helped launch the Charlottesville 912 Project, simply because folks wanted to come together and someone had to coordinate the first event. I took the initiative to plan the first event and that group has grown to over 170 members. Meanwhile, Bill Hay, a fellow patriot out of Ruckersville took the lead in coordinating the Jefferson Area (Charlottesville) Tea Party group and has done wonders with it.

Well, I have young children and can't very well go gallivanting off to Charlottesville and/or Richmond to help mobilize fellow patriots on a regular basis. Plus, my heart truly is here in Fluvanna, and I'd like to do my part to be an engaged citizen in my own hometown. So...

This past weekend marks the launch of Fluvanna Patriots, our own "Tea Party"-like Patriot group, and I'd like to invite you to join us. It's free of charge and consists of folks just like you and I, and you can be as involved as you want to be. If you just want to stay informed, this is a great way to do so. If you want to meet up with other like-minded folks here in the county, you can do that. If you want to get more involved in the community, this can be a valuable resource. I highly recommend coming on board.

We are simply "a non-partisan group of engaged Fluvanna County citizens concerned about the direction our country, state and county are headed." I've laid out what we believe on our website: http://fluvannapatriots.com/about/ I encourage you to check it out, and subscribe to the group by entering your name and email address at the website.

Please understand this is not about "politics", it's about citizenship and civic virtue. As fellow Americans, and fellow Fluvanna residents, we have an obligation to engage in our communities...to make this a better place for our families and those around us. I hope you'll join me.

If you have any questions about this group at all, please don't hesitate to ask.

2 comments:

  1. Carrie,

    Good luck with your efforts. I know you will have wonderful success. If there is anything I can do to help let me know.

    Bill Hay

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Bill. I just may call on you very soon.

    ReplyDelete